Monday, April 19, 2010

Commotional Bike Riding

alright, i'm going to paint a little picture here, you do your best to follow along.

it was a sunny sunday afternoon (yesterday to be exact). The bf and I decided to go on a bike ride with his awesome mom and little brother. We arranged to meet them at Salem Trail at 4:45. We decided to bike to Salem instead of drive our bikes over there.

We were cruising down UCA campus, right in front of Laney (Chemistry building a.k.a. my second home) when Ethan decides to jump the curb.

This curb is like 90degrees, its square not rounded, and about 6 inches off the ground. Remember that.

There is one person, and I mean one lone individual walking outside on UCA campus on this Sunday afternoon. Everyone else is playing softball, watching tv, grilling out, or just living their life. This dude is walking. Remember that.

Back to the curb jump. Being the trouper girlfriend that I am, instead of riding all the way around to where the sidewalk dips down to let wheeled machines up, I decide to follow suit.

Well apparently I never learned how to jump a curb. So instead of hitting it head on like you're supposed to I kind of angled it hoping to gradually transfer my bike to the sidewalk. Yeah well that didn't work.

My bike did this weird thing where it tipped and the front tire spun completely around and I went soaring through the air.

Remember the lone walker? Yeah, landed on my face right at his feet.

Seriously, my left cheek, left shoulder, left & right hands, and left and right knees are all dinged up.

The walker freaked out a little bit because he thought I was attacking him. No buddy, just never learned how to ride a bike.

My wonderful boyfriend hears the commotion from up ahead, drops his bike on the ground and comes running back. Aww what a sweet boyfriend. Then he goes, "You SUCK at riding bikes." Yeah, thanks.. as if I'm not completely mortified already.

Ethan laughed at me for the rest of our ride.

I would say it was the worst wipe out I've had in 20 years. On a bike at least.

In other news..

I got the optometry job!