Friday, April 9, 2010

A Love Story

Sometimes Ethan drives me up the wall.. Like right now for example, he is asleep on my floor while I am in the middle of trying to tell him VERY important things.

But I still love him.

And I've been wanting to blog about it for awhile. I usually include a little story about him in every blog, but this one is all about him.

Amazingly enough I'm still able to type this even though I want to step on his little sleeping toes right now. Must be love.

I met Ethan..well let's see, I knew of him last year, but I didnt actually meet him until August 27th.

My awesome old roommate Carlene wanted to go for a bike ride. However, neither of us had bikes. So she decided to borrow our suitemates bike, which left me bikeless and desperate. Little did I know.

So I walked down the hall hoping to maybe run into someone who might have a bike handy, low and behold, my friend Kayla told me of a boy named Ethan who had a bike. A few minutes later I was knocking on his door. He flung it open and looked at me kind of like "Holy smokes what just walked into my life." Little did he know.

So after about 15 minutes of him explaining how janky his bike was I finally got him to give me the combination and where it was located. Then after the ride I parked it where I found it and told him it was safe and sound..The End. Or at least that's what I thought.

We became friends on facebook and I didn't hear from him for like a month after that.

Our dorm went on a Memphis trip. I didn't think it sounded enjoyable by any means but he asked if I wanted to go so naturally I changed my mind to "This sounds like the funnest thing ever!". The money was due at noon and I turned mine in at 11:59, literally. The lady who took my money said. "You're just in time, it must be meant to be." Little did she know.

So then we started eating lunch together and riding our bikes together (yeah I had to go ahead and get my own) and then one day..he pretended to be an ant in Walmart. Yep and that was it. I was like "this guy is too weird for me I'm done." But some good people talked some good sense into me and I realized he was everything I ever wanted in a guy. So I decided to give him another shot and about a month later (11/11 to be exact) we became facebook official. And we all know, nothing is official until it's facebook official.

Sunday we'll celebrate 5 months of laughing, music, church, biking, fishing, working out, eating ice cream and double doozies, hiking, Oretha, chemistry homework, building forts, blueberries, a little bit of quarreling, and a whole lotta love. And I hope there's 50 more years of the exact same thing, except maybe some kids and grandkids sprinkled in there.

So to everyone who's single-keep your head up, you never know just when your whole life is going to turn around. And when someone invites you on a bike ride, go for it.