Thursday, April 29, 2010

Watermelon Days

well the week before finals week is finally over. talk about worst week ever. its been so stressful i havent even been hungry!! and that my friends, is saying something

just when you feel like dying. you have 5 two hour tests ahead of you. but next week at this time it will all be over.

i live for summer.

seriously, without summer, there would be no point in living.

My summers always consist of:

fourwheelers
waterskiing
pools
boating
the lake
wakeboarding
late night runs
and lots of ice cream.

Not to mention

camping
smores
airplanes
Watermelon Days
my birthday
vacations
waking up early to watch I Love Lucy
and volunteering.


The best part of the summer is Watermelon Days. Its this crappy little carnival that always comes to our town. But it is the HIGHLIGHT of the summer, if you live in the 50 mile radius. Its called Watermelon Days because the local grocery store (20miles away) gives out free watermelon. Makes more sense to call it Corn Days but whatever.
Basically theres 5 little kid rides and 3 grown up rides, including the Octopus, Tilt-a-Whirl, and some swingy thing.
I used to ride the Octopus 8 or 9 times in a row, then get so sick I couldn't go to church the next morning.
There are also a ton of games that are impossible to win.
I remember dad sneaking me and my cousin money. We'd run off and literally win maybe a ping pong paddle off of $20 or $40. One year bryce won a pink stuffed animal flower. He immediately gave it to me. Best summer of my life.
Every year towards the end my Papa will find me and ask which ride I want to go on, and he'll ride with me. He may be old, but he is young at heart. Last year it was the Tilt-a-Whirl. We both got sick. Imagine a grampa riding a Tilt-a-Whirl with his granddaughter! Now that's love.
The very best part is the end. Right at the entrance (the end of the street) my good friend's grandparents have a homemade ice cream stand. One cup for one dollar. THE best ice cream you will ever eat. Trust me I know my ice creams.

And that's the end. The highlight of the summer. June 25-26.

It's better than Disney World, folks.